Lego® Engineers Camp - Full Week (15 hours)
Also sold in single day units.
What's it like to be an engineer? This awesome summer camp adventure combines hands-on STEM exploration with Lego® building to explore simple machines, boats and buoyancy, racecars, rockets, planes, helicopters, gravity, friction, energy and so much more. Look inside.
By purchasing this curriculum, you are consenting to the terms of our Licensing Agreement.
- 15 hours of activities; 30+ labs.
- Best for ages 4-10.
- Curriculum developed over 10 years by teachers and scientists at Curiosity Zone, an award-winning kid-sized science lab.
- Easy to find materials; no expensive kits.
- Immediate download upon purchase.
- Online training & support.
- License includes up to 5 locations/100 students (whichever is less) for one year.
- Use for a complete week-long camp or break into smaller units. Combine with field trips and other camp activities to create a full-day camp experience.
- Turn-key science curriculum:
- Detailed instructions for teaching interconnected kid-directed STEM activities
- May be customized with your own ideas to create the perfect fit
- Clearly defined learning objectives
- Scientific background & terminology for each activity
- Advice on setup, schedule, timing & transitions
- Links to recommended daily science videos
- Detailed supply lists
- Preparation instructions, checklists & timeline
- Complete set of printables
- Coordinated STEM camp games
Day 1: Simple Machines
- Make marble runs
- Experiment with inclined planes
- Make catapults
- Experiment with levers
- Experiment with spring scales
- Use Legos® to make simple machines
Day 2: Boats & Submarines
- Explore buoyancy
- Make Cartesian divers
- Explore air pressure
- Make balloon-powered boats
- Experiment with diving submarines
- Use Legos® to make boats & battleships
Day 3: Vehicles
- Experiment with balloon-powered cars
- Play with race cars
- Explore gravity, friction and aerodynamics
- Make spool racers
- Experiment with speed and kinetic energy
- Use Legos® to make racecars
Day 4: Flight
- Experiment with Bernoulli's principle and how to achieve lift
- Levitate balloons and ping pong balls
- Make a fly paper helicopters
- Make and fly loopy flyers
- Experiment with paper airplane design
- Use Legos® to make airships
Day 5: Rockets &Spaceships
- Make and blast off alka seltzer rockets
- Experiment with types of “rocket fuel”
- Experiment with rocket design
- Make rocket balloon pinwheels
- Use Legos® to make rockets and spaceships
Download our free guide: How to Start a STEM Summer Camp