"Lego® Engineers" STEM Summer Camp Curriculum - Complete (5 half-day units)
By purchasing this curriculum, you are consenting to the terms of our Licensing Agreement.
What's it like to be an engineer? This awesome summer camp adventure combines hands-on STEM exploration with Lego® building to explore simple machines, boats and buoyancy, racecars, rockets, planes, helicopters, gravity, friction, energy and so much more. Look inside.
- Immediate download upon purchase.
- Best for Ages 4-10.
- License includes up to 5 locations/100 students (whichever is less) for one year.
- Easy to find materials; no expensive kits.
- Online training & support.
- 15 hours of activities (5 daily units of 3 hour programming).
- Use for a complete week-long camp or break into smaller units. Combine with field trips and other camp activities to create a full-day camp experience.
- Turn-key curriculum:
- Detailed instructions for teaching 30+ interconnected kid-directed STEM activities
- May be customized with your own ideas to create the perfect fit
- Clearly defined learning objectives
- Scientific background & terminology for each activity
- Advice on setup, schedule, timing & transitions
- Links to recommended daily videos
- Detailed supply lists
- Preparation instructions, checklists & timeline
- Complete set of printables
- Coordinated camp games.
Download our free guide: How to Start a STEM Summer Camp
Day 1: Simple Machines
- Make marble runs
- Experiment with inclined planes
- Make catapults
- Experiment with levers
- Experiment with spring scales
- Use Legos® to make simple machines
Day 2: Boats & Submarines
- Explore buoyancy
- Make Cartesian divers
- Explore air pressure
- Make balloon-powered boats
- Experiment with diving submarines
- Use Legos® to make boats & battleships
Day 3: Vehicles
- Experiment with balloon-powered cars
- Play with race cars
- Explore gravity, friction and aerodynamics
- Make spool racers
- Experiment with speed and kinetic energy
- Use Legos® to make racecars
Day 4: Flight
- Experiment with Bernoulli's principle and how to achieve lift
- Levitate balloons and ping pong balls
- Make a fly paper helicopters
- Make and fly loopy flyers
- Experiment with paper airplane design
- Use Legos® to make airships
Day 5: Rockets &Spaceships
- Make and blast off alka seltzer rockets
- Experiment with types of “rocket fuel”
- Experiment with rocket design
- Make rocket balloon pinwheels
- Use Legos® to make rockets and spaceships